search the vault

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Media Blast

As many of you know, Kanye West's mom died. I'm not going into the who, how, and what here because that's not my job. All I can say is that we at The Bank offer our sincerest condolences to Mr. West and his family for such a tragic loss. Period.

Now if I can shift gears for a minute, I would like to know why this news is on the front page of today's Chicago Sun Times? Why? The front page?! I mean really, there's no other news going on in Chicago or the world at large, perfect time to put someone's personal crisis on the front page of a major metropolitan publication. Makes sense to me! Feh!

Celebrity obsession is ubiquitous these days, to the point where major networks fill in the gaps of everyday accounts between nightmares and crime with whatever celebri-drama scoop people are feeding on. Essentially, the public at large is becoming the equivalent of a fourth grade class. Must be or there wouldn't be such a high demand for this nonsense. Seriously, I'm done with it. Recess!
-T

1 comment:

Trizi said...

I think people are discontent and let’s face it, real world issues are depressing… The public enjoys living vicariously through people who are actually living their dreams. The media reports it because that’s what their audience buys.

Besides, I think it’s good that the world is celebrobsessed, it means more attention and money for us when we’re famous ;) Sure they’ll love us and/or hate us and possibly/ likely exploit our most personal details but that’s the price we’ll pay and ohh won’t it be funnnn!

Trizi