search the vault

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Verse of the Year (So Far)

This is not an album review.  

I don't normally do this, but I've been listening to Sir Lucious Left Foot...The Son of Chico Dusty nonstop since it came out, and I felt the need to proclaim that, in my humble opinion, Big Boi's got the best verse of 2010 (so far) on "The Train, pt. 2."  

"Look up up and I pray / ChannelIng that heavenly energy / There’s plenty we can say / See the enemy is winning cause your punk a** be afraid / But I Spray what’s on my brain to educate and entertaIn / KRS, he said it best / I learned from listenIng to the tapes / Before i-i-Tunes came out and made a CD obsolete / Before realIty TV would seem to be that bIg mistake / Now BIg Brother's got these cameras deep in each and every state / WhIle each and every rapper claims to be the heavy weIght / Cause he mentions cocaine in ‘bout everythIng he make / And then wonder why them people try to pin him wIth that case / Cause his blow is dixie crystal /Pistol play was just for play / Fake / Just for play play / Got them bay bays / Believe in that bullsh*t / I said just for play play / But got them bay bays / It’s f***ed up" 

No comments: