search the vault

Monday, December 14, 2009

The Bank Blog: Re-Introduction

I haven't blogged in over a year.


We originally started this blog in 2007 with the intent of using it as a forum for us (and any readers) to discuss ideas about music, production, recording, and business. We felt there was a need for that, mostly because at the time the majority of blogs I came across concerning music were written by people who didn't know anything about it beyond their often mis-informed opinions as fans.


I think we did okay for awhile, but at some point the focus of my posts, in between the daily affairs of The Bank and other areas of life, lost their way and became rants about the ills of the music industry that provided a lot of opinion and speculation but offered no real solution. I had become exactly what I was against, so I hung it up. Also, I just did not have the time to commit to it the way I wanted to. As it stands today, I left a few of the old posts to illustrate my point and to remind myself of what NOT to do, but the majority of what was here is now gone.


So now, here we are, 2010 is just around the corner, and today there are almost more blogs out than there are people. It's remarkable how influential blogs have become, especially considering how hardly anyone gets paid for it. Not to say blogs lack value just because they lack proper monetization, I'm just sayin'...This in itself is a discussion I'll get into at a later date.


We've decided to pick this blog back up, to share finds, info, and ideas, as originally intended. Also, we'd like to use it to elaborate and expand on views and opinions we may post elsewhere online, like twitter and other SM sites we have a presence on. This time around, we invite you to be a part of it with us. Please feel free to provide feedback, good and bad because we kinda need that.


Welcome!


-TJ

No comments: